Thursday, June 10, 2010

You're Toast


Afternoon everybody!

So I have bad news, but its not that big. I am 90% sure I pulled the muscle on the left side of my butt and it hurts mucho! I am still able to work out because it doesn't seem to be attached (pain wise) to anything else. I am doing yoga and spinning class later tonight so we will see how that goes!

Well for breakfast I had some sliced ezekiel bread with fresh sugar free jelly and agave. I tried a new type of ezekiel which was nuts and berries! It was so yummy. I am making tuna and noodles (quinoa) for lunch which I will show you soon and for this I am making a dairy exception for the day. I had this food when I was younger and it is a comfort food for me,

Tuna and Noodles (Toodles)

ingredients:
- quinoa shell noodles
- I can of tuna
- 1 tbs paleo mayonnaise (recipe)
- 1/2 tbs vinegar
- 1/2 a cup of organic cottage cheese (*not paleo)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbs butter (*not paleo)

1. Make pasta according to directions on the box
2.While pasta is cooking mix tuna, mayonnaise and vinegar
3. Drain pasta and add back into the pot, and stir butter into pasta
4. Add tuna mixture and cottage cheese to pot
5. Stir well to incorporate
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste
7. Enjoy

I believe occasional dairy is good for the system even though not completely paleo proactive. On a separate note I am still trying to find a workout balance, and I think since I am running on a regular basis and taking cardio. I think that I am going to cut my cardio routine and add some additional yoga routines. I feel good about this so today I have a long yoga routine which is broken into three types of yoga"

Yoga 1 Core:
Rest Day

Yoga 2 Strength:
-Yoga Warm-ups
-Warrior 2
-Salutation Sun Warrior
-Sun Warrior
-Boat to Plank
-Warrior 1
-Eagle Pose
-Intense Pose
-Pigeon
-Straddle Stretch

Yoga 3 Cardio:
-Extended Angle
-Salutation Warrior 1 and 2
-Double Leg Stretch Bicycle
-Salutation Sun Warrior
-Dancer Pose
-3 Legged Dog/ Warrior 1
-Inner Thigh Stretch
-Straddle Stretch
-Yoga Warm-Ups
-Simple Salutation

Well almost time for pasta! So I will write soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment