Friday, June 18, 2010

Sweet Treat


hey everyone!

This is going to be a quick post. I was not super hungry for lunch but I had a bit of a sweet tooth so I made a recipe that I have been meaning to try for some time, fried plantains and guacamole it was super tasty! I found the recipe on the everyday paleo site, and it is as follows:

Plantains and Guacamole

Ingredients:

3 ripe plantains (They are ripe when they are black and nasty looking)
1/4 cup of coconut oil
4 avocados
Juice from 1 lime
garlic powder and black pepper to taste
(I added curry powder, and cayenne)

Leave the peel on the plantain and cut off the ends. Still with the peel on slice the plantain as thin as possible lengthwise. Leaving the peel on while slicing will help prevent smashing the plantain. After the plantain is sliced, carefully remove the peel and place the sliced plantains into a skillet of hot coconut oil. Fry for about 2 minutes on each side, using tongs to flip, and being careful not to burn. Mash the avocados with the lime juice, garlic powder, and black pepper and serve with the plantain chips.

I have to go do some shopping but I am gonna meet up with you around dinner time! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment